Welcome to Holland!!

Case's nurse was in. Slow and steady is what I would use to describe Case's weight gain. One more ounce.;) I love his nurse. She's good, reliable and has become a great friend.

Any way, we got to talking and she told me a story called "Welcome to Holland". It's about a woman who plans a big, life changing trip to Italy. She buys all the guide books, learns the language and gets on the plane. When the plane lands, the stewardess says "Welcome to Holland!". The woman says, "Holland, you say?!? What do you mean Holland?? I signed up for Italy! I'm supposed to be in Italy. All my life I've dreamed of going to Italy."
The stewards explain that she is in Holland and that is where she'll stay. My favorite part in the story is where it says, "So you must go out and buy new guide books. And you must learn a whole new language. And you will meet a whole new group of people you would never have met." There is nothing wrong with Holland. In fact, when she stops and really accepts that Holland is where she is and where she'll stay, she says, "and you begin to notice that Holland has windmills....and Holland has tulips. Holland even has Rembrandts."The very last part of the story says, "...if you spend your life mourning the fact that you didn't get to Italy, you may never be free to enjoy the very special, the very lovely things ... about Holland."

I'm glad I'm in Holland, even though I expected Italy. :) I treasure the lessons, the relationships and the beauty of Holland. Most of my friends, my sister and lots of other people are going to and from Italy. But Holland is where I am and Holland is where I want to be.;)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

About Case.

About Case.

I'm a Terrible Soccer Mom