It's not fair.

Case's nurse was in. He didn't gain a lot of weight. His Physical Therapist was in. There are some issues we are working on. They don't seem to be getting better which means I will need to tape his feet and up his legs some. I tried to contact someone about his calories. It didn't work. I felt defeated. I thought to my self this isn't fair. Babies are born all the time with two functioning kidneys. With every thing formed right. They are born and they eat and they grow. It's that simple. I know because I had three of these babies.

I was right. This isn't fair. It's not fair that getting Case to grow is this hard. It's not fair that he has a bad kidney. It's not fair that he has a button in his skin and tape on his feet. It's not fair that I have to work so hard for him. It's not fair that he will have up to four surgeries before his second birthday.

With all that on my mind, I am reminded that this journey is a gift. That no one ever said it'd be easy.
No one ever said life is fair. I am challenged. I am growing. I am loved beyond explanation. I have been given a gift not a problem and even on my hardest days....I am grateful. Oh, and Case...he's perfect.

Comments

  1. Hang in there! Praying you'll be blessed with easier days.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

About Case.

About Case.

"This is not the end of the road."