Pot holes and detours.


My husband describes this journey with Case as a road with pot holes and detours. He's right. I'd like to add that there are also bumps, valleys and hills.

Last night Case fell in a pot hole which lead us on a detour to Altoona Hospital's ER. We weren't planning on that trip. The girls and I were watching t.v.. Dan was sleeping for night shift and Case was playing on the floor in front of me. He started crying so I picked him up. I didn't realize his tube (he has to be connected to a long tube and a bag for 24 hours for 2 weeks. After the 2 weeks he will only be hooked to a tube at night for feeds.) was caught on something. I felt his Mic-Key button, tube and all pop out. He started screaming. Liquid came out of the now exposed hole and covered his shirt. The color drained from his face. It was vital that we rush him to the local ER since the the button was recently placed and the hole could close quickly. My dear, sweet mother-in-law came immeadiatly to watch the girls and off we were. Once in the ER I was still a little shaky but Case, well he was just fine.:) He lay there on my lap, face pale, oozing hole in his belly (I covered it with gauze) and he was smiling. In the 5 minutes we waited to be called back, he had made friends with everyone around him. He smiled, waved and chattered with them all. As I looked down at His perfect baby my heart filled with gratitude. Peace overflowed within me. The fear that had previously overcome me had gone. Long story short, all went well and Case took an uncomfortable opportunity to show pure love.

I thank God for this road we are on. The path is narrow and I can only see a few steps in front of me but I feel blessed. Thankful beyond words to be Case's mom

I have faith that God is living out a divine plan through me. Have faith in God. -Mark 11:22

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About Case.

About Case.

I'm a Terrible Soccer Mom