I am the Mom of a Special Needs Child and I Rock.


I'll never forget the first time someone referred to Case as having special needs. I was standing in my kitchen with a dear friend, and she said it. The SN word. It caught me off guard. I really hadn't realized it up to that point and had a little trouble swallowing the word. But then I realized that a special needs child is not a problem, just a little more work than my "typical" children. That's all. He's not less lovable or less important just a bit more maintenance. ;) a few days ago I ran across an awesome blog dedicated to special needs moms and I decided to repost is here. If you have a few free minutes, read this post. You won’t be disappointed!
Here is the blog..

I was inspired, encouraged and moved by this beautiful blog post. I’ve read a lot of posts on special needs parenting and this was my favorite!

Some of my favorite lines:

And no, I don’t mean that you deserve a medal just for parenting your kid. That’s what parents do. We parent. Our kids. So yay, for you cause you stuck around? Hell no.
And I don’t mean to imply that I’m offering sympathy because your path is different – and likely more difficult – than most. It is what it is. And I’m not much for sympathy.
What I do mean is that you rock because of the WAY that you parent your kid. And the WAY that you choose to walk this path.


You rock because you raise your so-called typical children to know that typical is an illusion and compassion is everything.

You rock because you never forget to think small. If people around you don’t understand, you talk to them. Teach them.

You rock because you talk. Because you change hearts and minds and laws.

Special needs moms just rock, and I love that somebody gets us.:)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About Case.

About Case.

I'm a Terrible Soccer Mom