A very special marriage.

Dan is very special. Our marriage is also very special. Dan was 20 and I was 19 (I was not  6 months out of high school) when we married. I'm not going to lie. Marriage wasn't always easy. Anyone who says marriage is easy is either a saint or a liar. It's hard. It requires work, dedication, commitment and most of all selflessness. I once heard an interview of a hundred year old woman who was celebrating her 80th wedding anniversary. The interviewer asked her how they stayed married for so long and she responded, "We never fell out of love at the same time.". I really liked that. In my marriage there were times when Dan or I weren't giving 100% to the marriage but the other (usually) did.I found that as a wife I can't make Dan the best husband. I can't make him be what I thought "a perfect" husband was but if I love him at his lowest moments and try to give 100% all the time I've found that he loves me back even more. He becomes exactly who he needs to be for me. Our marriage has never been perfect but it's ours and it's blessed me more then I would have fathomed 8 and 1/2 years ago. Dan really is perfect for me. He is strong and dedicated. One of the hardest working men I know. If you've ever met his dad and grandfather you'll know why. He comes from a long line of hard working, dedicated, caring men. He loves. Together we have created a Very special family and I couldn't have picked a better man to do it with. Dan is not perfect but he is perfect for me.;)
2000
2001

November, 25th 2003


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

About Case.

About Case.

I'm a Terrible Soccer Mom