A glass half full.

A few weeks back I was told I'm a glass half full kind of girl. I really appreciated that. It was, of course, said by one of the women that help Case along his journey. In the weeks since she said that, I was really examining myself and trying to figure out what makes me the "glass half full" type as to not let it slip away. I thought of Case, and how I know no other ways for my fourth child. Sure, I have three other children all without disabilities or special needs, but each child is distinct. I try to not compare and have only ever known this way of life for our fourth. Case has become a my new kind of normal- so much so that when I'm watching my 6 month old niece SHE seems different. In the back of my mind for a split second I "watch out" for her Mic-Key (which she of course doesn't have). I don't lay her on her back after she eats so she doesn't vomit (then I realize, she doesn't have reflux). I even find myself impressed when she drinks a whole 5 oz. bottle at one sitting. You see, I can't miss what I don't have if I don't want it making me optimistic. I don't want to fix Case, because Case isn't broken. Sure, I have my days. Days when I'm tired- tired of feeds, appointments, and vomit, but to give all that up would also be giving away this very special journey that we as a family are blessed to be on. On those days I readjust my focus. I take it off of the inconveniences and back to the big picture. So here's to all the glass half-full girls [and guys:) ]. Keep up the good work, and know that you are on this road for a reason. The grass isn't greener on the other side of the fence just different.  :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About Case.

About Case.

I'm a Terrible Soccer Mom