A special kind of bond.

There's just something about another NICU mom. A bond that is unexplainable. I met Lisa in January, 2011 the day she was discharged from the hospital (just a few days after the birth of her second son). I first met her aunt on the Pent House floor of the Ronald McDonald House. The Pent House is a beautiful place designed for families to connect with each other and other families. I met a lot of families up their but Lisa's was different. While speaking to her aunt I opened up. She was a stranger but I didn't care. I told her all about Case's medical history and otherwise. She was so sweet and understanding. She told me of her niece and her great nephew who was now in the NICU fighting for his life. It was then I fell in love with Ramsey, his mother, grandmothers and whole family. Lisa and I have been good friends ever since. We talk of things that none of my other friends understand, not because they don't love me but because they were never NICU moms. They were never told their boy might not make it. They never stood at rounds while doctors spoke and their heads spun with news good and bad. They never walked into a room with beeps, wires, tubes, needles and a small helpless baby that was theirs. Lisa is strong. Ramsey even stronger. He fought (and is fighting)  a good fight with Jesus on his side. I feel privileged to have met him and his beautiful family. If you would like to read Ramsey's blog Rooting for Ramsey, click here.


Wednesday night Dan, Case and I met with Lisa, Dennis, Ramsey and his older brother Reed for dinner in Monroeville. It was great to get together. Our NICU days are behind us and our future is bright.


 Sweet Ramsey Razza in the NICU over a year ago.
 One of Case's first pictures. He is also in the NICU.
Our super boys now. Good job boys. You've come a long way!

Comments

  1. Awe...so sweet! I'm thankful for our special bond and for the successes of our children. I am looking forward to many more get together's in the future!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

About Case.

About Case.

I'm a Terrible Soccer Mom