Choose this day whom you serve...

As a mom of a medically complex, special needs miracle the timeless words "Choose this day whom you will serve" have embodied a new, young meaning to me. When I wake in the morning and the thoughts, phone calls, beeping and retching and chaos start I have a very important choice. I can choose to serve, listen and be enslaved to the never ending demands of my life or I can choose a peace that passes my shallow understanding. I have the power to not give into the never ceasing tug of worry and stress. I don't have to be enalaved by the chaos that is the life of a special needs mom with 3 other busy kids. Life is life, it will always be. No one said life is easy, comfortable or painless but we all have a choice. Today I choose to serve Him. Him who loved me enough to make me a special mom. Him who has not allowed me to be comfortable for very long, instead has stretched me to new lengths. And again in ten minutes when my mind starts to race, the pump starts to beep, my three year old has destroyed something and I'm on my way to the bus stop for the other two kids I'll have the chance to choose again...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About Case.

About Case.

"This is not the end of the road."