Very special times.

Since Case was born we've spent countless hours in rocking chairs. First it was the rocking chairs in the NICU then the ones in the step down unit  (if you can even call them "rocking" chairs. They were more like "slightly moving, cushioned chairs".:) and now it's the two rockers in my home. I love rocking this boy. He's so soft and cuddly. I love his smell and his sweet voice when he babbles but one of my favorite things about rocking him is listening to the songs that play on my phone. Since those early days at the NICU I played songs while I held him. Lately, I've been playing a "radio" on my phone. I quietly pray, listen and cuddle. I treasure these times and have them often.
Since we got home from our last trip to Children's Case had some of the hardest days feeding wise. The volume was just too high. The retching got violent and frequent and was often followed by some vomit which meant lots of cuddles and rocking sessions. After three days of these hard feeds I called his dietician. She helped me break the feeds up into smaller portions and I started the night feeds again. This brought the retching and vomiting down some but feeds continue to be a struggle.
All of that aside, I will always hold our special times close to my heart and will continue to learn, rock and listen to what this boy and his maker have to say to me.:)

This song "What Love Really Means" is one of my favorites and it plays offten during our very special times. I particularly like:

"I will love you for you

Not for what you have done or what you will become

I will love you for you

I will give you the love, the love that you never knew
"





I am so loved...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About Case.

About Case.

I'm a Terrible Soccer Mom