My Mary-maker.

I used to joke about being a Martha. You know, in the Bible where Jesus was visiting Mary and Martha. Martha was running around the house, crazy busy and Mary was sitting at Jesus' feet. Martha was irritated that Mary was sitting while Martha was busy getting things done for Jesus. Martha complained to Jesus and he said,  “Martha, Martha, you are worried and upset about many things, but few things are needed—or indeed only one. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.” I used to be busy. Too busy.

Case is helping  me become a Mary. I stop all the time and smile while strangers admire him. I've spent hours waiting in waiting rooms and doctors offices. But most of my "Mary time" (the quite time of worship and prayer) is often spent sitting holding or rocking him while there is "much to do". Dishes and dusting can be done in the morning. Case and the girls are much more important. Being the mother of a very special boy has helped me slow down and smell the roses. It has taught me patience and the importance of relationship. After all, "choosing what is better will not be taken from me".:) I am thankful to Case helping to transform me into "a Mary".

Luke 10:38-42.

Case sleeping and getting a feed.:)

Comments

  1. This is precious...I can relate for different reasons!! My own body made me slow down...Your story and family touch my heart. I love your spirit about it all...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

About Case.

About Case.

I'm a Terrible Soccer Mom