I know I'm a special needs mom because _______ & _______.


In one of the special needs support groups on facebook they play this game once in a while. It's like a roller coaster of emotions when I read the responses. Some are funny, some are sad and some make you hug you're kids tighter and count you're blessings... I can easily relate to most of them, and some days I have a "special needs mom moment." Like when I have more received calls from doctor offices and therapists than friends or family. When I tear up a bit after hearing of a child being cured, not because I'm not ecstatic for that child, but because I know Case will probably deal with most of his issues for the rest of his life. Or when in the middle of the night Lainey is coughing in her sleep, and I think for a second that I can shove meds though her Mic-Key... When I realize his nurses are my best friends...Oh, and how traveling round trip 6 hours through downtown Pittsburgh with my son and his nurse for a dermatologist's appointment seemed normal to me! :)
But then I realize something beautiful, through the good, the bad, and the ugly I will gain strength and remain a very special mom. ;)

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.





Comments

  1. Liz-

    It was so great to hang out with you and Case tonight! I love the picture of him looking in the mirror and back at us all in one shot. He's such a special little kid, and I can't wait to see where God takes him, you, and the rest of your family.

    God's got you, girl!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

About Case.

About Case.

"This is not the end of the road."