Open up your plans and damn you're free.

So Case loves the Jason Marz song, I'm Yours. It's true. At a very young age it was the only thing that would keep him quiet in the car. As soon as he heard it the first time, he stopped screaming and listened. It was one of the many songs on a playlist I played for him in the hospital while I feed him. I don't know why he picked that song as his favorite but he did. Some days it plays over and over in my head. Like it's trying to tell me something. Like He's trying to tell me something. I don't know all the lines nor do I care to really... the lines that I hear over and over are:

But I won't hesitate no more, 
no more, it cannot wait 
I'm Yours 
(me talking to God)




Well open up your mind and see like Me 
open up your plans and damn you're free 
look into your heart and you'll find love love love love
(God talking to me

When I first found out I was pregnant with Case I had plans. Plans he would be a normal weight, with no complications. I didn't plan on having a c-section. I didn't plan on him being life flighted away from me to a different hospital. I didn't plan on all these appointments. Etc... I didn't think about these plans, really. I just kind of expected that he'd be like our other three children. In most ways he is. Just a small version of his daddy with a little extra care. He takes more time, but oh is he ever worth it! Case isn't exactly how I planed, but he is exactly how God planned and we wouldn't have it any other way. <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About Case.

About Case.

I'm a Terrible Soccer Mom