Case update.

Case had two appointment's at Pittsburgh Children's Hospital on September 28. One was with Gastroenterology and the other with Endocrinology. I learned early on in Case's pregnancy that worry does no good.

Refrain from anger and do not fret; it only causes harm. Psalm 37:8
Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Matthew 6:27

But I still do it some. I think less than I did back then and hopefully more than I will next year at this time. Turns out there was nothing to worry about.:) Case was refereed to both doctors because of slow weight gain. He gained around 4 ounces in two months (not good). His pediatrician set up the appointments at the end of August. From August 26-September 27th Case gained 18 ounces. Bringing him to a whopping 10 pounds 4 ounces. FABULOUS! It took a lot of me pushing, and shoving and walking him around singing with his bottle in his mouth. Oh, and tons of prayers and patience.:) He worked so hard for those 18 ounces and I was so pleased with him. The doctors were happy too. However, Dr. Roldolf (an exceptional GI doctor) said there is a chance he'll want to place a G tube. It is a tube that would be placed surgically (he would need to stay at Children's for a few days). I had a surprising amount of peace about this. It's not ideal but I feel if it's necessary then, it's no big deal.

All and all Case is a happy, amazing 9 1/2 month old. He is "army crawling", sitting and pulling himself up. He says "da-da" "hi" and lots of other word-like sounds.

He is such a mini-man!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About Case.

About Case.

I'm a Terrible Soccer Mom