My Weight Loss Journey.

You read the title and if you're anything like me you thought, "Oh, here we go....ANOTHER weight loss story. She's probably going to try to sell me something or even worse tell me how she gave up carbs, protein, fast food and showers then BOOM lost 50 pounds". Seriously, that's where my mind would go and I'm not goin to do either of those. I'm not going to go into my past or my childhood relationship with food and tell you that my my overeating and love for all things sweet started in Kindergarten because it didn't. I was naturally thin until I started having kids honestly. During my my pregnancies I gained 40, 50, and 60+ pounds. Sometimes, I held onto half the weight of the pregnancy before and then would gain some. After Case (our fourth and last baby) It was a roller coaster of losses and gains, Simple stresses like on-going insurance issues, prolonged hospital stays and DMES that never kept their promises would cause stress eating. The big, scary stuff like full scull surgery and $7,000 bills out of no where would cause the absence of hunger and weight loss. Once I got comfortable in the uncomfortable, I'd start eating and with a vengeance. Eating made me feel better. So, when all heck broke lose, I'd hide in my bedroom with a pint of Ben and Jerry like a scene from Bridget's Diaries.
Food and naps made everything feel manageable till it wasn't anymore. In June of 2018, we got home from our annual beach vacation and I was the heaviest I'd been in 10 years. I was tired all of the time and had unmanageable headaches. In the past, I'd buy the magic vitamins and a gym membership and try for about a month till the newness worse off then I'd be right back where I was, overweight, overly exhausted and disgusted with how I looked. This time tough, I did something different. This time I thought, "What if I'm true to myself, just this once and follow this through?" I needed a plan. Not a plan that restricted me, that cut out whole food groups or a "magic plan" that promised quick results if I just drink tea and stand on my head for 10 minutes a day. This time, I needed to start living a HEALTHY lifestyle. With little to no thought, I joined Weight Watchers. I signed up for three months of the app knowing that spending a little money was enough to keep me on board for at least three months. I tracked my food, drank lots of water, joined WW support groups on Facebook and eventually started exercising. I learned a lot. I realized that every time I was stressed I reached for the donuts and cookies. I stoped Coke cold turkey because frankly, I didn't want to "drink my calories". I replaced old habits of stress eating during admissions with walking, writing or breathing. I still allowed myself sweets in moderation, I just tracked them on my app! in 5 months I lost 30 pounds, my headaches decreases and my energy increased. What I didn't expect along this journey was that while I was gaining a healthier body, I'd also gain a healthier relationship with my body. If you have kids then you know they change your body completely! Not only was I overweight but I was unhappy in my own skin. For me, self care started from the inside out. Once I was healthy on the inside I started getting excited about clothes, a new hair cut and makeup again! I am finally comfortable in my own skin AND I eat the occasional donut! I needed a plan and motivation to stick with it. WW Worked for me and is still working for me. I'm 7 months in and maintaining my 30 pound weight loss. I eat carbs and fats. I enjoy nights out at restaurants and pizza nights in. WW taught me to have a diet high in protein low in fat and FULL of fruits and vegetables. It taught me to stop mindlessly eating sweets but to save them for treats and really enjoy them! It taught me that everybody's healthy weight looks and feels differently, Guys, it's hard. I'm not in my twenties anymore and can't eat french fries like they are going out of style.... I have to take care of me so I am the best version of myself showing up for everyone else! Self care is so important and doing the best for your body is a really great place to start! If you want to learn more about WW or would like to join, message me or click the link below! You are important and if losing weight is important to you, make time for it. Make it a priority. Through hospital stays and sleepless nights I decided that I was worth it. I put the oxygen mask on first and made me a part of my priority list no mater how hard it got! You can too!
Click here to join!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About Case.

About Case.

"This is not the end of the road."