Dear Case, Keep Beating the Odds!



Dear Case, 

Four years ago today, they told us to prepare your burial. They told us the worst. You were still inside. I could feel you. I knew you weren't well, weren't growing, couldn't survive a natural birth..... and I loved you. I loved you with every fiber of my being. I knew you belonged to God and I begged him to let you live. To give daddy and me the chance to raise you, watch you grow. I couldn't think of the future because I couldn't bear a future with out you. I wanted to see your first steps, hear your first words, let you pick out a dog that needed loving. You are a gift that keeps on giving. You may grow different, eat different, hit milestones different and live behind hospital walls sometimes, but you are perfect just the way you are. We thank God everyday that he loaned you to us, every perfect-imperfect part of you. Today, as emotions tug at my heart and visions of that horrifying day four years ago flash through my head, I thank God for his unending grace and the gift of our Very Special Case. 

Always and forever love, 
Mom 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About Case.

About Case.

I'm a Terrible Soccer Mom