A Very Special Wish.

When I first found out I was pregnant with my fourth child, I was elated! I miscarried our third child. A few years later we had Lainey and we really wanted one more. So many thoughts ran through my mind....."What if the baby is our only BOY?! What if we have a fourth, precious girl? What if I miscary again?....That would be so hard.....I wonder how big he/she will be, who they will look like and what their future holds...." Never once did I think, "I wonder if my child will be chronically ill and qualify for Make a Wish". There were a lot of things that never crossed my mind concerning my unborn child. Atleast not untill my 25 week sonogram with a high risk doctor. 
Spnething thing I did realize while on this journey is you can't imagine the grief you'll experience at times. Equally, you can't imagine the joy that comes along the ride.....
Our precious, complicated, strong boy, Case was picked to Make a Wish. Through all of the hards, the bads, the booboos, through all of the tears and the pains there's always a light at the end of the tunnel. This wish is our light.❤️
After being referred, chosen and checked out....Two fantastic Make a Wish volounteers came to our  home and asked him what he wishes for. He said in his own Case way that he wants to meet Mickey, Buzz, Sully and Mike and "Mickey Mouse's House."
What a blessing, not that Case categorizes as having a chronic illness but that our family can have a FANTASTIC week away from all the "normal". A week to do nothing but enjoy each other and thank God for our miracle. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About Case.

About Case.

"This is not the end of the road."