In the Valley, there are Blessings.

Blessings are all around us but our vision is clouded by the trouble that is everywhere. Everyday something or 400 things go wrong, don't go as planned or turn into mini (or major) disasters. There is trouble in this world and I, have seen a lot of it first hand. Troubles come with the beautiful blessing of being the full time care taker of a special needs child. The troubles of insurance companies, sickness, un-ending paper work, hospital stays, sleepless nights, no light at the end of the tunnel.....and on and on.....It is so easy to have constant focus on our trouble to the point of creating troubles in our mind that DON'T exist. I can easily and with out even realizing it worry my way into scenarios that won't ever happen....It is at that point that I can be in charge of my thoughts. I can see how blessed this journey really is! I have to consciously change my train of thought to trust and thankfulness (a friend of mine calls it a stop thought: stop the toxic, worthless thinking and change it to thoughts of life). With all of the tubes, trips to Children's, paper work, unexpected disasters, etc. there is love. There are gifts of hot meals and hugs. There are friends that are new and friends that are old that will always listen, always help, always love. Even when they don't understand or when they've listened to the same compliant a hundred times, they are listening. There is a hand in the darkness always open, always ready to be grasped. No matter how big we let fear get, our God is bigger, our hope is stronger and love is all around. He is placing blessings unimaginable all throughout our day. All we have to do is live. Moment by moment we can take charge of our thoughts that create chaos and believe with every trouble are blessings indescribable. 

33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”



 "I'll be by your side
Wherever you fall
In the dead of night
Whenever you call
And please don't fight
These hands that are holding you"


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About Case.

About Case.

"This is not the end of the road."